The GMAC Flapjack
Ok guys, I definitely have to give this one to the Mrs! She is always thinking up new ideas and has a real talent with baking! She made this recipe up by combining a few others she knew already. Luckily for us she let GMAC Fitness have the recipe and allowed us to share it to the world. They look great, taste even better, and best of all keep you full between meals! Try one good (bar sized) chunk between meals every other day and see what you think? Best part is this will keep well in the fridge for a week or so.
- 2 cups of blitzed oats or rolled oats;
- 1/3 cup of oat flour or almond powder;
- 2-3 cups of mixed nuts and dried fruit (I used a bag of mixed unsalted nuts then dried blueberries, apricots, strawberries…. anything you want really as long as they are dried);
- ½ cup of mixed seeds (I used a couple of bags of seed mix which has pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, hemp and flax seeds in);
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence;
- 6 tablespoons of low fat spread;
- ½ cup of maple syrup;
- 2 -3 scoops of strawberry protein powder.
- Mix all dry ingredients including fruit, nuts and seeds;
- Melt the butter and whisk in the wet ingredients;
- Mix it all until evenly distributed;
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper and heat the oven to 180-200 degrees;
- Put into the tray evenly spread down, cook for 30 mins (ish).
BOOM! HAVE A TASTE!!!